Just Great Coffee
Introducing the consumer to the world of roasted coffee;
whilst aiming to bring back customer service and
satisfaction to the UK.
We are proud to make our aspirations for our company transparent. It is with each day that we bring them one step closer to achieve them:
- Worldwide sourcing of coffee beans to the UK public.
- Streamlining the sourcing of coffee beans, to benefit not only the farmer but our clients too.
- Farmers to see a greater return on their product.
- Clients to see a reduction in cost per cup.
- Promote Fairtrade awareness in the public and coffee bean supply.
- Promote home roasting of green beans in the UK.
- Move towards charitable donations per order.
- Grow the Stag brand in the consumer marketplace.
- Establish events in the UK and abroad to promote the stag brand.
Simple question first…
WHY DID WE ESTABLISH A UK BASED ROASTERS?
Our Founder, Simon, developed a passion for coffee after years of travel in an industry that took him all over the world. Some locations less desirable than others, but it opened his mind (and taste buds) to the opportunities in coffee.
The reoccurring question:
WHY ARE PEOPLE IN THE UK LIMITED TO HIGH-STREET AMERICAN COFFEE, OR SUPERMARKET BRANDS?
It has become common knowledge that the main coffee regions in the world are Colombia, Costa Rica, Brazil and Kenya, but there are plenty of other regions where we can source quality coffee, from Vietnam to Thailand and further afield.
Artisan coffee shops are opening all the time, allowing the public to taste different coffee flavours and roasts. Leading to the next question:
WHY ARE WE PAYING HIGH-STREET PRICES FOR A CUP OF COFFEE, WHEN THE FARMERS AND CUSTOMERS DON’T SEE THE VALUE?
Simon’s journey started with sourcing his own green beans. Sounds easy, but what about the roasting part once you get them home? Our home roasting guide is one of many ways you can try it for yourself.
Once he had understood how cost effective it was to enjoy a varied and sustainable freshly roasted coffee supply, it became his ambition to bring this awareness to the UK public, whilst also reducing the direct cost to the customer for roasted or green beans.
Stag Roasters was born in 2017